Working with people has it's perks

namely, the funny comments that come out of their mouths.  When you're stuck in a stressful situation see a different set of people everyday, who knows what you'll say next!

These are from a few chucklers from yesterday:

SCENE:  Toddler is making whiney noises.  a lot. over and over. she wants ice cream. loudly.  Mom ignores her.  Grandma tells her to stop.  Grandma tells her stop again. Then Grandma turns to me and says "You tell her to stop".
Me: "uh....."
Grandma:  "do it!  she'll listen to you!"
Me: [thinking it's not really my place to be disciplining here] "can you please stop... thanks."
Girl stops whining.

The power of being a nurse?  Maybe it was the princess scrubs.....  I didn't know I had it in me.  Now if only my own future children will obey so promptly.

Second best quote was from a young mom who said to me "I like you.  You make lists".  I was writing down some of her questions on the white board.   It made me smile inside.  And I think we bonded.

3 comments:



Lyles said...

Wow! Maybe it is the power of being a nurse. I especially like the lists comment. I love to make lists too. I knew we had bonded from the start!

Tasty Tidbits said...

I love all of the random things that happen to me during my patient interactions too! The joys of working in a hospital!

Carol T. said...

You and your lists, Duckie! That made me smile!

Post a Comment