Pay it Forward

Earlier this month a young couple we are becoming friends with (yea! friends! with us! in Salt Lake!) ended up in a predicament.  They sold both their cars to get a nice one, and as luck would have it, the new car got wrecked.  Fixable, luckily. But now they were down to zero cars, with two people working two different jobs and one attending school.  We found out about their situation when we had them over for dinner one evening.  We tried to think of a way we could help drive or carpool, then realized hey- we have 2 cars!  After much deliberation and convincing they agreed to borrow Bjorn's beat up truck until their vehicle was repaired.
I admit it wasn't easy at first, arranging our schedules and adjusting to one car.  But it was possible.  And we were glad to do it.  Bjorn ended up driving me to work most days (an early morning on his part). And sometimes I stayed late at work waiting for him to get out of a meeting, but it wasn't a big deal. On one such instance I ran into an old friend as we clocked out at the end of our shift.  I explained I wasn't going to the parking lot because my husband was coming to pick me up.  She offered to drive me home, saving me an hour wait at the hospital. So kind!  Plus, we got to some chit-chatting and catch up.
I imagine, and I am sure, that good things have happened her since that small deed, and hope the trail of kindness continues to wind through the lives of many.

1 comments:



Heidi said...

yay!

Post a Comment