WoooooOWoooosh!

...is how we entered our first ski season.  After a warm up day at Alta's free run last month, we hit the real stuff with a trip to Snowbird this weekend.  The day was, to put it plainly- incredible.  The near perfection I  have been imagining all summer. I say near because the temperature was still a bit chilly for me (most ski days are) but I take what I can get.  




Bjorn and I love romping around the resort, and completely wore ourselves out.  We are getting old!  We took full advantage of our lunch break, and were pleasantly surprised to find ibuprofen in my ski pants (left over from last season) to save our aching joints and muscles.  Yes, it may be painful at times, but it's just too much fun.  My body forgets that it hurts until afterwards.  My main problem was when I skied averagely, I was cold, and when I skied aggressively I was pleasantly warm, but my knees began to throb.  See the dilemma?  I'd oscillate back and forth between the two styles all afternoon (once I figured the phenomenon out).  


We remembered our camera and got a couple pictures of spinny-backwards skiing.  Then Bjorn started down this strait, flat, trail backwards, video-ing me skiing in front of him.  The next thing I knew he hit a snowbank and tumbled to the snowy ground!  It was hilarious! Sadly, the video wasn't on for that part.  


Stay Tuned for more news on the ski front! 




1 comments:



Heidi said...

I'm glad you married someone who will ski with you!

Post a Comment