Real Life Woman

When I started this blog I vowed I would write REAL things.  Not just our vacations, our promotions, our triumphs, but the hard decisions and the not so easy REAL stuff that goes on in life.  Truthfully, not a lot of hard stuff has happened to us (yet).  But I do feel the need to share my embarressing moment of the month:

At the mall on Saturday I happened to find (though we weren't looking for it) an amazing dress at an amazing price that I just HAD to have.  After I tried it on, Bjorn agreed, and I happily took home my prize.  I wore it to church the next day, of course.  Even though the temperature had dropped to almost freezing and it was a short-sleeved, knee-length dress (hence the on sale pricing).  but I threw on a coat and some warm tights and we were good to go.  Our church building however, is not always completely heated first thing in the morning.  I wore my coat during sacrament meeting, but since I was TEACHING Sunday School I kinda sorta wanted to show off my new dress.  Luckily I found the thermostat in our room so I cranked up the heat and took my coat off.  We dove into the lesson and I didn't think much of it 'til my whole body felt very very warm.  I was happy to be all warmed up, and the lesson was going well.  The Bishop even came into our class and participated.  As everyone left (I was feeling quite warm by this point- ready to turn the heat down) the Bishop came to me and said "you can adjust the thermostat over there you know..."  I nodded thanks and wondered why he would be telling me such things.  When I finally took a glance at myself, I realized why.  Since warming up I had been sweating profusely, and had HUGE sweat stains around my underarms (we're talking- 6 inches in diameter!).  I was so embarrassed!  Needless to say, I put my coat back on and wore it the rest of church.
 
"Women's vanity- stupid ridiculous vanity" -Nobuko H.

2 comments:



Heidi said...

:) Thanks for sharing, I love hearing about embarrassing moments! Because I have so many.

Carol T. said...

Unless you know another "Nobuko H." I'm pretty sure you just quoted my Mom... and that makes you awesome!

Post a Comment