730 days of marriage


The last weekend in July, Bjorn planned a spectacular, yet simple anniversary getaway in downtown Salt Lake.  We got a king suite with a hot tub, enjoyed dinner at our favorite Japanese restaurant (the Pagoda), and took a carriage ride around temple square and city creek.  I have always wanted to take this carriage ride and was so happy to finally get to go!  It was a wonderful way to slow down.  Just moving slower than all the other cars, trains, and people caused my mind to stop speeding ahead and trying to figure out everything I need to do and how I need to do it.  I was able to completely relax and focus on what’s really important:  my husband and me.  Our marriage.
The next morning we walked to the farmers market and appreciated the slightly cooler weather, making it enjoyable for Bjorn AND me.  My favorite booth was the free books!  I came away with as many as my arms could carry!  After a swim in the pool we had delicious gelatto for lunch, and LOVED it.  We are definitely going back to this café.
a couple pictures from the last year together

 Overall, though we were able to relax and focus on each other for the weekend, thoughts about  buying a house were consuming both of us!  Yes, the time has come, we have been house hunting.  We are very excited and nervous. We found something that just might work out perfectly!  But as of this writing, things fell through and we are still on the hunt again.  I am discouraged, but we'll keep at it.  Our goal is to have a home of our own by our next Anniversary.  We both hope it doesn’t take that long.

0 comments:



Post a Comment