Three Month Old Baby Boy!

Time has flow.
Oh how I love having this little one in my life.

Aidric is our chubby one.  Meaning, he is just rounder and squishier than Gabriel ever was, but he still is not SUPER chubby.   I think he reached his high point around 2 months, and is actually starting to "thin out" more already.  He doesn't have two chins anymore, but still has multiple folds in his highs and armpits and neck.  They are so fun to cuddle and love and kiss and wash.

Aidric loves his baths.   I remember Gabe enjoying bath time, or at least not hating it too much. But Aidric truly loves bath time.  We  soap him down on big soft towel on the counter, then stick him in the sink to rinse off. He often puts his hand up over the side and looks like he just chillin' in a hot tub.   He would sit there for a half hour if we let him.  As soon as we take his diaper (whether for a change or for a bath) he is all smiles.

He does have some very dry and sensitive skin on his scalp. I am always trying new remedies to try to help it, and every now and then just give up and put a hat on him for a few days instead.  Thinking I need to find some more cute hats (they are probably in the box of baby clothes in the shed).

Aidric does not enjoy tummy time and mommy is not good at making him do it.  He can lift his head up well, but doesn't like to lift up anything else.  He is not keen on rolling over yet.  Which is fine with me.

He talks and coos and has lots to say as he smiles and follows me with his eyes. I always think he is a good baby but if I leave for a couple hours he reportedly fusses more, then lights up when I come back home. That is always a wonderful feeling for me.    He is chattering away in his rock N play right now (while brother plays a game on my phone... don't judge. It's the only way I can blog!)

He almost always falls asleep in his car seat. Which is great, considering how much time we spend on-the-go.... in the car and stroller. He is a trooper. Especially as I  "train" for a 5K to get myself back into pre-baby shape.  He only complains when food is absolutely necessary.

Gabriel was sick last week and Aidric seems to have caught it this week.  A baby with a cough, sneeze, runny nose, and basically yucky cold breaks my heart, especially when it is my own baby.  And especially when it is keeping me up all night (he was just starting to sleep 7-8 hours before he got sick!!)

I started back to work after my maternity leave last week. It's pretty crazy.  We are all still adjusting and will see how things work out.

Looking forward to many more adventures with you baby A!









0 comments:



Post a Comment