mommyhood



I was chatting with a friend about this and that....(mostly about parenthood and her fear of having children) when she stopped to clarify "like you- you love being a mom.  I can tell you enjoy  being a mom".  That got me thinking about a couple things.

1) Do I really enjoy being a mom?  YES!  Yes I do!  I have waited a long time for this day and I can truly say that I love it!  I could go on and on listing all the pros and cons and everything I love and enjoy and have learned.  All the situations and emotions I expected, and didn't expect. But that is a post for another day. For now I will just say that despite the craziness and poop and lack of sleep, I love being a mom.

2) Secondly, can other tell that I love being a mom?  This friend, at least, could tell by something I was doing or saying, that  I do enjoy parenthood.  What was it exactly?  Something I said?  How I tell stories about my kids? How I react  to them?

3) I want the world to know that I love being a mom.  I will watch my words and actions and social media posts a little more closely so that they accurately reflect my true feelings. I love being a mom.



0 comments:



Post a Comment