Happy Valentine's Weekend!

The best part of Valentines this year (besides having a SPOUSE to celebrate it with) has been having the whole weekend free! I was off of work for 4 days, and Bjorn didn't have any school after Friday so we have been partying all weekend. Friday was our much anticipated friends party! I made invitations a bit ago and excitedly got food and decorations ready. Mostly, I loved planning all of it. The friends and babies who came were wonderfully fun to chat and catch up with. It is fun to see this group of my old roommates growing. I was the very last to get married, and now half of them have kids! It's crazy!
Saturday after breakfast in bed we hit some sales then Bjorn planned a magical evening of "camping in the living room" complete with tent, waterfall, fire, stars, and s'mores. I love having such a creative husband. We went to our ward activity- a Valentines dance- for an hour and showed off our major dance skills (not really), then out to dinner and back to our "campsite". The tent and sleeping bag weren't quite as comfortable to sleep in as our bed in the next room, so we awoke pretty tired the next morning and planned for a nap before even getting out of bed.


Sunday- the actual Valentines Day- I taught a fun filled lesson on Noah's ark to my teenagers (the Youth Sunday School class). Complete with clips from Youtube and sugary treats. Don't worry- they don't get this kind of lesson every week! Bjorn and I were able to go to Springville for dinner and see all the family. This is really the only time I see my siblings each month, along with Mums and the Beres family. The food and company are always delightful there. And Erin made my very favorite dessert: Kate's Triple Chocolate Triffle. A perfect Valentines Weekend.

1 comments:



Tasty Tidbits said...

Sounds like such a nice weekend! Me and Jordan were sorry to miss your V-day party! I'm glad it was so fun!

Post a Comment