In Purse-uit of Purse-onal Excellence

Our ward Relief Society meeting this month was full of purses,  (for decorations, invites, and games) and an emphasis on the individual worth of each of us, no matter which purse we are carrying.  The woman in charge wanted to take a look a at all different purses we carry at different times in our lives ( make-up bag, briefcase, diaper bag, granny handbag, etc.).

She asked me to speak on the "newlywed/working" stage of life and discuss my delight on the positive aspects of this stage of life.  "Of course there are up and downs to every stage, but we're going to focus on the positives" she said in her request.  This sent me on a week-long thought process on what really are the good spots to my current stage.  I found this exercise extremely bneneficial for me, because I don't always live IN the moment.  At least I am not doing a "Lot's Wife" anymore, but I do still like to look AHEAD and wish I was there. Wishing we were all done with school, wishing we had kids, wishing we could have a real house- with a garden, etc.  
Taking a minute to contemplate how GOOD life really is brought much gratitude to my life.  I'm in the BEST stage right now. I'm graduated, I have a job, I have a husband, and I have TIME to spend with him.  I also have time to volunteer, to help others, to spend time with friends, to give service.  I can learn so much from the ladies ahead of me at other stages, and also be an example to the ones in school, preparing (or on) missions, and preparing for marriage.  I have done a lot!  And there is a lot more ahead of me, but no need to rush.
Heavenly Father needs where I am right now, and I know he has a marvelous plan for the B. Grahams future.

0 comments:



Post a Comment