Happy Birthday Honey!

Bjorn had one of the best kind of birthday celebrations- a four day event!  Last year his special day was sort of overlooked in all the wedding planning madness, so I was eager to give him the birthday he deserves this year.  Thursday in between my night shifts he opened his presents (thanks parents!) and Friday I made one-of-a-kind cake and we went out to dinner. While at dinner, all our Utah County "family" (steph, mick, erin, alex, kc, maren, chris) drove up to SLC and snuck into our house.  Bjorn had an idea something was up- but was genuinely surprised at the people and balloons that greeted him as we walked inside.
Here is some photographic evidence of our unique cake and fun familia party.



playing his new favorite game... Settlers of Catan














All in one breath!  









Heavenly Father decided to give Bjorn a great big birthday gift this year:  a new calling!  Bjorn is now the Elders Quorum President in our ward.  We were both a pretty surprised at this.  We're only 25! Bjorn is humbled and excited to serve,  I'm delighted to have more excuses to organize more folders, binders, lists, papers, and meetings for him :)

3 comments:



Carol T. said...

Duck! I'm impressed with the cake! Seriously! Great job! I bet it was just as yummy as it was creative! And wow on the Elders Quorum President calling! He'll do a great job, I'm sure!

Steiners said...

awesome. nice pictures and I'm even in one of them, if you look in the background of Bjorn blowing out his cake you can see part of me :)

Camilla and Tim said...

Impressive cake Coleen! Happy Birthday Bjorn :)

Post a Comment