Wedded Bliss (and the other kids)

Three weddings in 14 months! I think my parents are ready for a break.  Kacy and Gavin say they will GLADLY comply with that request.  

Michael and Stephanie's marriage at the Oquirrah Mountain temple was joyous.  I spent several seconds deciding on the right word and JOYous does describe the day well.  With lovely colors, a hot sun, fun family and friends to hang out with all day, spiritual moments, and a yummy luncheon at Gardener Village.  I was able to get to know Stephanie and her family more during the weekend and am truly excited to have a sister in law!
I think this picture is hilarious.... Gavin refused to get too close

Second to the Murray Wedding was Madeline's 10th birthday.  The whole family saw  Toy Story 3 together on opening day.  Quite funny!   Right on par with the other two.
The most traumatic part of the day was discovering I had lost my wedding ring after we went swimming!  I was becoming depressed about it, but Bjorn and I went back to look in the grass after the movie, and after 15 minutes of searching I found it!  What a miracle.  We are so grateful.

Third momentous event of the weekend: KC moved to BYU!  I actually moved her into her dorms, and with Erin's help gave her a tour of campus the next door.  Erin took her to get all her books, etc., and Mom finally took her grocery shopping.  I think she'll do just fine living on her own.

On the last day of the family gathering I took Madeline and Gavin to 7-peaks.  They had no memories of the park, so I enjoyed showing them around around and rushing from one slide to the next.  Bjorn showed up in the late afternoon and convinced us to do the BIG rides.  With only slight sunburns and the wave pool breaking down only once we considered it a highly successful day.

2 comments:



Lyles said...

What a cute picture at the wedding. You look so beautiful!

Tasty Tidbits said...

Congrats to Michael and his bride! I didn't even know they were getting married yet! How fun! Sounds like the rest of your trip was great also!

Post a Comment