Like There's No Tomorrow

Confession:  we didn't really celebrate Halloween this year.  But give me some credit.  We don't have kids, we both work full time (scheduling conflicts prevented us from attending the ward trunk-r-treat), and we are getting ready to move and buy a house.... so, somehow carving pumpkins didn't get on the priority list this fall. It made me sad, honestly, this is probably the first year I haven't carved pumpkins since.... a long time.  But we resolved to do a go all out with celebrating next year. In a house. hopefully.

Our Holiday Happenings DID include a getaway in Park City to see the new Warren Miller film, hang out with friends, enjoy a nice hot tub, spend the night away from home, and get hyped for the ski season!  The movie was well done, I love how there is always at least some little part mentioning Utah.  We do have the greatest snow on earth here!

And in honor of Halloween we did see "Thriller" in October.   Okay, it wasn't so much to honor Halloween as it was to appease my 10 year desire to see the production.  I have been waiting, watching, wanting for years... Just hoping that someday, somebody would make it happen. Well this year, that somebody was me.  I owe some credit to my sister. She told me of a discount deal they used to buy tickets. I jumped right on the site and scored us seats at Kingsbury Hall.





The Zombies, actors, dancers, singers, choreographers, set deisgners were all amazing.  A couple of the dances were creepy, but most were just funny.  My hubby loved "Jason Jam"  (kind of like stomp, but with Jason masks, and an odd-ball that made us laugh). My favorites were the Frankenstein ballet (dancing like perfect ballerinas alive and dead) and the River of Blood Dance.

0 comments:



Post a Comment