only because it's spring

I love the spring! I love summer more but I rejoice in it's nearness with the onset of spring.


ways we celebrate spring:

  • singing primary songs about springtime for FHE
  • okay we didn't do it this year, but growing up my whole family would play "Here Comes The Sun" by the Beatles on the first day of spring and dance around the house and yard singing wildly.  It was a blast.  I hope to continue the tradition.  This year I just happened to work. 13 hours INDOORS on the first day of spring. bummer
  • green food for St. Patrick's Day.  I am pretty impressed with us, considering we don't even have kids yet, and we didn't remember/prepare until 7 pm that night. But I was insistent we make a green dinner and green dessert.  Here's a couple pictures of dessert.
  • enjoy our backyard! This is the first time we've actually played in our yard since moving in.  We had a nerff gun battle. It was epic.
  • spring skiing  (oh so very warm)
  • keeping our aloe vera plant alive.  I thought I had killed it, but man these things are resilient.  I am so proud of our little plant and can't wait to grow more things.
  • contemplating what we are going to do with a back yard, garden, flower pots, apple tree, other unknown types of trees, and other random foilage growing back there.   That's right.  contemplating.  We haven't figured anything out yet.  
  • Remember Christ, his birth and resurrection as a symbol of new life  

0 comments:



Post a Comment